A women never rushes.. beautiful things requires time & consideration.

Beauty does lie in the eye of the beholder, but some things are so plain to see..right?

Being sensory driven, I'm influenced by the manner in which things are created, presented and displayed. I'm inspired by the consideration given to spaces designed, a well prepared and beautifully presented meal, together with other living basics.

I'm not saying that things need to be perfectly curated, fancy or expensive to be beautiful.

I knew that spaces influenced me very early into my childhood, and I always 'created' my space in a way that I felt resonated with me and which inspired me. Additions of beautiful decor pieces or furniture, flowers and art can change the feeling of a room. So those are basic aesthetics that I'm always on the look out for.

Perfection is not the goal when creating ones space, neither is incurring expenses through purchases of non-serving items or extravagance. However, quality should never be compromised. This is something i hold onto in every purchase and personal decision made.

For me in general, it's really about the way in which a meal is prepared and presented...even if just a slice of peanut buttered toast! Or the way flowers are placed into a vase. Often when i do my flowers, in accepting they are magnificent expressions of nature's creativity as they are, the flowers almost 'find their place' effortlessly and beautifully in a vase. My temperament also has its place in this process.

I find that allowing things to be true to their nature has a profound effect, presence and can be naturally beautiful. It's then ones eye to place things that makes a space or plate work.

I will not forget the closing scene of, to me,a perfect space in The Book Thief. It reflected good taste, a beautiful expression brought to life through choice, inspiration and warmth. Natural sunlight, solid furniture pieces, photo's beautifully framed, delicate flowers in heavy crystal vases and old books conjured my spirit. It definitely inspires me to create such a space in my own home very soon.

I hope your Sunday inspires you to do everything you will with time, consideration and flair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation