Lionel Messi.


Football is one of the sports I can watch and enjoy even if my attention span to the game isn't for the entirety of it. I seldom watch TV, so I must really find something I like about the sport.. and more than just the obvious!

It's a sport I may even want to attempt playing for a women's club just for fun. Ok, maybe just for the cardio and before summer!

So I'm catching the highlights of yesterday's Barcelona & Juventus game, to the aromas of my business partner preparing dinner for her family and me while I visit.  Her football frenzied fiance gives me the scoop on the football fraternity and we all even share a moment of passing an invisible ball between us in their warm home.

Most interestingly for me though about this football fueled evening, is watching Lionel Messi just after he scores a goal. So the lack of detail to which goal I'm referring to exactly, possibly shows the depth of my interest to the game.

But hey here I am writing about it,  having scoffed a delicious dinner and slumped on their couch after a long day...that's not yet over! (We're about to strategize in a bit).

But again, Lionel Messi got me enough to warrant this moment between business matters. His eyes deserves this "stolen" time. Messi is the world's greatest player right. I just watched him score a goal, and the way he handles that accolade is most profound.

There's no showmanship. There's no magnified exhilaration.There's no ego.

What there is, to me, are truly humble eyes. It's then followed by bodily gestures, residing his success to "more" than just his football talent.  I find this most appealing, and certainly more than obvious eye candy football players naturally offer viewers.

Here's a man, who ordinarily would have a bit more reason to be flamboyant than the rest of us. Instead he reminds us millions of viewers how humility shouldn't evade us...ever!

I'm sure you will agree that if the world had more Messi's, it would be less messy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation