Choosing Partner's

The last week was good for me. I had key discussions with leaders from different spheres of business. This time on a very personal and significant business level and for my own alignments, the business and my board.

I started MaricaCo 24+ months ago and in a technical recession.  With alot of personal sacrifices and my unbending focus,  I was able to get through and now I find myself in the fortunate position of growing the company ( you'll note that I did not say a comfortable position). The goals I have will never give me an inactive (conventionally comfortable) life but hopefully will bring me a deeper significance that numbers and bright lights can't replace.

When I sat down and thought through who I wanted aligned, as it is with long term vision in mind, I knew more the characteristics of leaders I wanted around me. I knew I needed business expertise and to be surrounded by those who can appreciate my energy and my always on work ethic. But I needed them wise, commercially astute in business and humble even though they're accomplished.

I knew the people I needed around me had to be humanitarians at heart and from our discussions they certainly are championing such work.  It's interesting how all our respective work complements our mutual interests.

While personal accolade is clear, the team I'm trusting to announce soon ( aiming  latest end October) have vision, activities and hearts in the right place. The work they respectively champion speaks to core sectors and to enable societies. Some of the long term Innovations would better lives of HIV and cancer patients. Will enable sector's like Agriculture and will see this not only relevantly impacting on the Continent but Globally too. There's major interests in changing mindsets through process. This saw me smile massively since my own NGO was founded on these principles too. It was interesting to hear of the leading courses out of Harvard and Stellenbosch University which covered future life goals for one special person too.  Awesome stuff to say the least and

It's all the things we know will matter more now than simply the agenda of making money.  

And so I believe I'll be in good company.

And what does this all mean for someone like me...a wanna be Jack Ma(rica) ...who's known to some of the same people for being in front of my laptop at stupid times or who writes to people the first week of January in hope to reach global leaders for devised Continent enabling strategies and business models?

Simply put-

No better time than now to create for a great world collectively envisaged.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation