Archar


Mango Archar Pickle Recipe – Indian Fusion South Africa



Personally, I never eat it. I'd like to eat Archar and with a bashmati rice and a relatively clean (less oily) yellow Dhal.

But Archar, nah, I don't touch it. Why? you ask..

Well, in the past..going back to 20+years when I did eat Archar on occassion, I notice a different scent on my skin. I think it has to do with an ingredient and spice called Methi ( Fenugreek). I'm sensitive this way. So I stay away.

But I wish that this post was merely about Indian cuisine or spices and body enhancing scents. It's not. It is however about a video I picked off a notable advocates tweet thread and of a woman selling Archar.

So I know the rules and what this lockdown means. But I also know what it's like to fight for survival and an honest days one. We also know there are so many other wrongs that need righting, but please can we find another way  noting precautionary measures and risks, to let people trade fairly where there's no real risks involved. Where they are observing health and hygiene rules. Not all blanket approaches to a massive challenge but rather considered ones - please.

And maybe I will brave body odour and buy that archar from her in support of a woman using her honest hands to make an honest day's living.  After lockdown ofcourse because I respect the President.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation