Lockdown.

Lockdown to ease as of 1st May but to a few only | FASA Franchise ...
A lockdown was mentioned thirty-one days ago. 

Thirty-one long and interesting days with restricted movement and no sureties of what was to come at the time. To some extend we still can't really tell because even with forecasts, we just don't know. But we are indeed better prepared, and our leaders are leading well. Sadly we saw that not all people, as I learnt for myself too, respect what this virus means and what the rules are even at Level 5. So I reminded some of them. All that aside - It's been very interesting for me simply because there was so much to miss and as much I’m also ok to forego. 


I mean, extraordinarily little can matter in being outside but with no purpose or real agenda. You can be free but I think real freedom is in liberating the soul, and in a way found by having a sense of more than existence.  

I also believe that the freedom we have and as a democratic society is what I missed most. The freedom to move wherever and whenever I wanted. Fortunately like any democratic society, we are still blessed with various forms of freedom expressed even within the confines of a space.

Ofcourse I miss seeing my loved ones! Nothing beats human interactions and the stuff that takes place in between physical distances which connects …or disconnects us.

Thirty-one lockdown days took me to a few good places and a few tough things to face up to. Fortunately, I don't struggle the tough easily being a toughie myself. The lockdown showed me what people are capable of and what business can be even when not together in a boardroom. I have had great remote working sessions and am blessed with great minds and support. The world has become a new one to design for, to step up and into as well as to leapfrog with innovations. It is great! Still this doesn’t take away from the sadness and realities of this virus.

Some of my lesser understandings was people’s dependency on toxic habits. Not good at all. I was clear with myself when I first learnt of the lockdown that each day should be about reflection and recharge. For some it has really been that and for others not quite. For me it has been a mix of days with mixed feelings on the lockdown itself. My associates were able to work with the restrictions and in finding home based means to keep fit, to read more, to manage businesses and to develop new businesses. Sadly, I also noted a few wayward individuals. It is what it is.

I also realised my own bugbears and the source of them. It’s all fixable. Life is going to resume and I cannot wait for some level of normalcy. A few more days to go and then we’re onto Level 4 of the lockdown. I again say we should be all listening to what is and what isn’t allowed and to use this time to get to the next level of ourselves and our efforts.

Signing out gratefully
M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation