You are what you don't eat!

Lettuce growing on the roof of FNB Bank City. Rooftop gardens are increasing access to employment, improving food security and teaching locals about hydroponic farming.



So I never compromise on the quality of my food intake. This is a principle I've maintained even when I've had to compromise on various other lifestyle choices like travel etc. and since becoming an Entrepreneur. Even cheaper shopping options did not mean cheaper quality products, just less bags. Or even a salad instead of a gourmet experience. I find I'm a quality over quantity person and it's something I grew up with, so less bags of anything will never be an issue for me. Not ever.  
Food options for me is a big one. The reason for this is that food directly impacts your physiology, your quality of health and your state of being. So you would find that while I enjoy all types of foods, I always look at the quality of ingredients and opt for organic, no preserves or a company selling a particular ethos and valuable product.

I know that this is by far a luxury which many, too many, people simply cannot afford. And it's this reality which truly takes me away from thoroughly enjoying the seldom overindulgences and luxuries I treat myself to. Any way, it's always short-lived and by my own doing. 
 I quickly self-check through some level of consciousness or call it what you must, and I self-sabotage an indulgence by thinking more than I should. No I am no martyr and have no aspirations of modern day martyrdom. 

I am very much a women who likes nice things and have worked my way into my own, but nice is all very, very much secondary in the greater scheme of things. Perhaps it's just my reality of many years now and the result of my work together with my own personal life experiences, including equal share of successes, messes and disappointments.

So I sincerely want for every person to have good nutrition, health and health support. Be it with farming and advocating more home-grown veggies and less processed meats and refined sugars - so be it.

Again, I have a sweet tooth, I love a good pasta, I have a glass of wine sometimes and an annual cigar. I am in touch with people, realities, choices and lifestyle... but for me, it will always come back to quality of product and what actually enhances health. I also think purpose, self-connection and simply breathing better is a way of living that’s good for ones overall well-being.

So while I will still grab that odd junk burger and fries that costs nothing and which is severely processed even if just to keep me in touch, I am going to say please choose your health instead. Stop pickling your brain daily with alcohol and lungs with grey smoke. Or any harmful smoke daily. Let's start veg gardens. I know one Tedtalk event in Joburg had an amazing man doing roof gardens. It was amazing to learn of such social investment and independent of any support.


At all costs, let’s get healthy and choose health. It does not need to be extreme, not even expensive. It just needs to be a conscious decision.

Signing off 
M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation