Building a great brand takes great Relatability




I think if any time proved the appropriateness in the meaning of the word relatability, it is now. We come out of a global pandemic which saw me in facemasks already in January 2020 - being gawked at while traveling in my own country and mocked by my close friends and colleagues for showing up protected. I believe I was the only person to be in a mask before it became mandatory to wear one in SA. My twitter feed has a bit more to support this.

If anything, wearing a mask is what we all became accustomed to seeing one another in. A silent relatability you could say. In every part of the world, we all had a common understanding. We could relate.

And so while this is a fairly short post (I need to dash out shortly) I can say that while we are in the middle of building our own companies new brands and brand extensions, to me the key to building a successful one lies in being able to relate with people. This is from the outset and at the beginning of the brand development process, right through to when your consumer is engaging with it. 

The entire ecosystem needs to be able to relate to the brand on various levels and this is not only the suggested approach for social entrepreneurs, but also for pure commercial enterprises. 


Gotta run.

Much love

Marica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation