How you rest matters.




In my teens my mom would watch me go to meditation retreats and come back silent and smiling lots. A very profound experience for her who knew me to talk much. From the age of 6years old, my school reports would say I enjoy contribution in speech and later in debate. 

The Art of Living practices included a breathing technique of  Yogic Asana and Sudarshan Kriya. It was deeply associated to mindfulness and had all faiths attended/attending lessons to listen to it's founder, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's, " the art of living" pearls.. Something you "can't cast at swine's" who won't get the general idea of wisdom, known to be imparted by all prophets and saints. Personally, I enjoy Mufti Menk too and am of another faith. 

The universal life lessons are the same and ensures "life is for the living" as one 90year old once shared too.

What stood out in the closing part of the Sudarshan Kriya practices was laying on your left hand side which gave a deep sense of balance too. This was for reasons I can't recall ..being over 20years later.. but I am writing about side sleeping.  I recently saw a good friend,  a medical doctor, who overall noted how I sleep too.

If you rest in a particular way, the effects to your body will matter. Have a read

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/choosing-the-best-sleep-position#:~:text=Positioning%20yourself%20on%20your%20side,make%20symptoms%20worse%2C%20Salas%20says.

Live awake and rest mindfully, with technique and in posture too.

Love

Marica



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep when you must!

No substitutes for basic health

Precipice Innovation